Tuesday, November 8, 2011

School Of Athens

This is an old piece of work done in 2009.
I tried recreate an old master drawing, which I took on Raphael's famous 'The School Of Athens' in a futuristic theme.

It was drawn on an A1 paper, which is super large to draw on, especially for the architecture part of the background. I remembered I had to self-create a large compass to draw the huge arc across the A1 paper. 
In the end I scanned it through an A3 scanner on parts and merged them horribly on Photoshop.

For more info on the original master piece, Click Here


1 comment:

  1. hello, I came across this wonderful picture online and I would really love to use it as a base to create my personal laptop skin. I will not use it commercially in any way. FYI, I am a philosophy student and I lobe the original piece very much but that is too boring to be put at the back of a laptop. It would be great if you think it's ok. You will probably never see it (or even this msg since this space seems not updated in 2019) but I think it's good to ask for permission and show you how much I like your work. Have a nice day~

    ReplyDelete